Activity Purpose: Team Communication Building Exercise
Activity Duration: 10-30 minutes
Group Size: 10+ people
The purpose of the activity is to create an open-communication environment to discuss how your team feels about an important decision or an ice breaker for new team members. It gives everyone a chance to speak and share their opinion.
Team Count Exercise:
- Requests the group of participants to in a circle.
- Pass around a jar of pennies or a coin of your choosing. Tell the group members to take as many as they think they’ll need, without disclosing what the coins will be used for.
- If anyone ask questions, simply answer by saying, “take as much as you think you’ll need.
- Once that’s done, ask them to count the number of coins have and state their number aloud to the team.
- Going around the circle, each person has to share a fact about themselves for every square of penny they took. So, if a team member takes 10 squares, they need to share 10 facts about themselves. You can theme the exercise around Holiday visits or work events.